The East Cascades Workforce Investment Board (ECWIB), in partnership with the Gorge Tech Aliance (GTA), is offering an opportunity for training support toward ISO 9001:2015/AS9100D certification for businesses.
· Eligible Counties – Gilliam, Hood River, Sherman, Wasco, and Wheeler
· Provide matching funds to up to 5 companies to a maximum of $5,000 per company.
· Must agree to abide by Scope as described below.
· Awarded to qualifying companies on a first come, first served basis.
To begin the application process a Letter of Intent must be emailed no later than Dec 7th to Jessica Fitzpatrick @ : firstname.lastname@example.org
The East Cascades Workforce Investment Board (ECWIB) partners with businesses, governmental entities, and educational institutions to support the talent needs of employers, and maximize and align investments in the career goals of individuals to fuel a thriving economy. As such, the ECWIB is currently partnering with the Gorge Tech Alliance and Mid-Columbia Economic Development District, to provide training support to a cohort of businesses within the 5 counties of the ECWIB Northern Sub-region (Gilliam, Hood River, Sherman, Wasco and Wheeler), requiring an ISO 9001:2015 and/or AS9100D Certification in order to thrive.
ETI Group has been identified as the training provider; through a recent Request for Qualifications process conducted by the ECWIB.
I. Application Instructions
The ECWIB has developed a simple, but clear application process for companies interested in receiving matching funds for access to this training cohort. The ECWIB will provide up to 5 companies a maximum of $5,000 per company, to be awarded on a first come first served basis.
Funding for this program has been provided through a grant from the State of Oregon, through its Higher Education Coordinating Commission.
Training must be completed by June 30, 2017.
A. Scope of Services
To qualify for a matching grant from the ECWIB, companies must agree to:
· Continue paying employees during training;
· Enter into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with ECWIB and the Training Vendor (ETI Group);
· Use internal funds to cover the remaining cost of training and any unexpected costs associated with training;
· Agree to utilize internal funds prior to grant dollars;
· Submit a success story at the completion of certification, with a team photo.
In order to apply, a Letter of Intent must be submitted to Jessica Fitzpatrick by email: email@example.com; no later than December 7, 2016with a description of how you will meet each of the requirements named above. In addition, each Letter of Intent must include a brief summary of how this training is critical to your business and how it will allow your company to remain competitive within your industry.
All questions and all other inquiries are encourage to be in writing to Jessica Fitzpatrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ECWIB reserves the following rights:
- To terminate this process at any time prior to the execution of any Agreement;
- To supplement, amend, or otherwise modify this opportunity prior to the execution of any Agreement;
- To enter into contract discussion with one or more entities.
Selection will be awarded in the order that requests are received and until each remaining slot has been filled. Successful submissions will result in an invitation to join in a planning call with all cohort peers and ETI Group, at which point a Memorandum of Understanding will be developed and executed to identify the terms, conditions and scope of work during the contract period.
The term of the Agreement shall be for the period beginning immediately following execution of the MOU and will carry thru to June 30, 2017.